Monday, September 27, 2010

Health Forgranted

I have been thinking how much I take my health forgranted. My husband has a chronic illness. He wakes up everyday sick. He is in pain and nauseated and some days cannot function or even get out of bed. It physically exhaust him. I don't know how he does it. I am a baby I would not be able to. I know how I get when I get the 24 hour stomach bug, I lay in bed and moan and groan. He usually takes care of me. This is what he lives with on a daily basis. Some people say well he is probably use to it so it does not affect him. No! it still does and it does not get better and sometimes it gets worse. The only thing he hates about it is that it affects the family so much. He says "this is my cross to bear, I just wish my family did not have to suffer from it also."
I have heard family members say to me "Well if he would live his life right, maybe this would not be happening to him." Whether he was living his life right or not it still was happening. He has been suffering since high school. It has been worse in the last few years.

This week I am going to be grateful for my health, and not be a baby about any aches or pains or stuffy nose I may have. I challenge anyone else who may read this post to do the same.

3 comments:

  1. My good friend's husband has Crohns. I know that he has to take a lot of pills etc. I'm sure that has to be so hard on both you and your husband. I hope that he will have LOTS of good days ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to judge someone when you haven't walked in their shoes. I would like to see how they lived their life if they had some painful disease for nearly 20 years not to mention a psycho ex-wife to add to it all. Yes, we ALL could make better choices in our lives and certain choices are not good no matter who you are, but who is anyone to say how someone else should be living their life and what's right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad you are there for him. I know it is hard for you and the kids. It breaks my heart to watch him suffer. I have told him if I could take away his pain I would. We all should be thankful for the good health we have because we never know when that can change.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete