Monday, October 3, 2011

Time flies....

Time flies whether you are having fun or not.

Wow is all I can say for the last 4 months. Summer consisted of movies, Drive Inn's, Milk Shakes, Snow cones, Swimming, lots of playing with friends and cousins, Bar-B-Que's, Boon Docks, Scout day camps, Water parties, Chukars games, lots of sleep overs and I am sure more.

We cannot forget more hospital visits for my husband. This last time he went in September they gave him a botox shot into his Pyloric (spelling?) valve and he has felt so much better, thank goodness. He has been doing things around the house. Has been out to football games and out with the kids. It is great to have this change. Instead of him just lying in bed, sick.

In June my children asked if they could try living a year with their dad. It was a very difficult decision, and I had lots of tears, but I went ahead and told them yes. So I only have 3 children in my household right now. They seem to be doing pretty good except for my Tate. He really wants to come home. He cries when I talk to him on the phone. I miss my kids and things are just not the same without them here. I am hoping I can make it a whole school year without them.

Our neice Chris's sister's daughter was dignosed with cancer. She is only 7 months old. So that has been hard. For awhile there we kept getting bad news and more bad news and quite honestly I did not think she was going to make it. Since then she has been able to come home. She is not out of the woods yet. I know things have changed alot for Stephanie and her family. Stephanie has to give Brynlee her medications and flush her central line. They seem to be taking it all in stride.

We had a nephew born into the family. Brandon and Ashley welcomed their new baby boy. Walker Wendell McBride. He was born 9 lbs 14 oz and he was three weeks early. Big boy!! But oh so cute. There was a little scare during the delivery but all is well and we are so grateful. You see Walker's older brothers so proud.

This fall has brought us lots of fresh fruits and veggies to our home. Lots of wonderful neighbors have shared with us from their gardens. Fresh corn on the cob, Squash, apricots, cucumbers, tomatoes, red potatoes, etc. Yum Yum. So grateful for wonderful neighbors. Not only do they share with us in their harvest. They have mowed our lawn several times, fixed kids bikes, helped with kids, helped with our electricity. I am sure much more. Always coming to our rescue. I couldn't ask for better neighbors and ward members.

Also with fall comes FOOTBALL! Teague made the A team in Lehi. I have been to a couple of his games. They play so well. Teague just loves football, it is so fun to see his enthusiasm.
Chris took the kids to a high school football game and then of course anytime football is on T.V. Chris is watching it. I know this weekend it was very hard for him to watch General Conference he had to keep flipping to football to see the score.

Towards the end of August we had a friend move in with us. Her name is Becca. She was having some struggles and needed a place to live for awhile, until she can get her life back on track. We are glad to have her. The kids love her and she helps me alot with keeping the house clean and helping kids with homework. We have had lots of laughs with her. The missionaries have been coming every week and there is such a good feeling in our home.

Things really seem to be looking up for our family. Chris has been working really hard with getting his life back on track and we are getting much closer to be able to be sealed in the Temple. Something I have been waiting patiently (hum or not so patiently at times) for. I am very proud for how far he has come. He has had some very difficult and rough years. Love you babe.

1 comment:

  1. So good to read about your family. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete